Grouting – Cement Grouts
Product Code Guide
|Compressive Strength||Thickness Min Wall|
|Package Type||Pellon (Petroleum Based Fabric)|
|Appearance (dry)||Firm, Dusty|
|Appearance (wet)||Rigid, Easy to Hold|
|Soak Time||1.5 Minutes Maximum|
DSI Underground cement cartridges are easy to handle capsules containing a cementitious compound encased in a perforated Mylar film package. When immersed in water the cartridges allow controlled wetting of the contents to forming a thixotropic grout. The wetted cartridge is inserted into the hole and the deformed bolt or dowel is pushed in behind the cartridge.
- Convenient easy to handle cartridge form.
- Thixotropic and non-shrink.
- Fast curing compared to ordinary cement grouts.
- Controlled setting times.
- No on-site mixing, just immerse in water.
- No special grout pumping equipment required.
- High strength.
- Non-toxic, non-combustible and chloride free.
- No rotation of bolt required.
Installation Guide Lines
- Remove required number of cartridges from package.
- Immerse cartridges in water until there are no signs of air release (bubbling) from the cartridge.
- Do not leave in water for longer than 5 minutes.
- The cement grout will begin to set in 20 minutes after initial water immersion; therefore, the bolt must be installed within this time period. However, it is recommended that the wetted cartridges be used within 15 minutes to obtain optimum results.
- Insert cartridges into a clean hole. Tamp with a loading stick.
- Insert the bolt. Bolt will rupture the cartridges allowing the grout to fill the annular space between the bolt and the hole.
- After 12 hours, the grout will typically withstand the full yield point load of the deformed bolts or dowels.