Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
- Collar and Wedge Anchors are used to secure roof plates on 23.5mm diameter x 21 wire strand bolts. They provide positive support to the rock face at the collar of the hole.
- Collar and wedge anchors can sustain loads of between 52 and 55 tonnes and suit dome plates.
- The Collar and Wedge Anchor is used to pre-stress cable bolts prior to grouting.
- The wedge in the anchor has hardened serrations to provide a positive grip on the strand. Each wedge consists of three segments, secured by a ring to ensure wedge alignment and initial clamping.
- The barrel is manufactured from a toughened steel to resist splitting.
- Corrosion protection can be provided on the barrel only by zinc plating to AS1789-1984.