Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|Yield Strength||375MPa / 140kN||400MPa / 150kN|
|Tensile Strength||570MPa / 210kN||680MPa / 250kN|
|Calculated Shear Strength||140kN||170kN|
|Elongation (After Fracture)||17%||22%|
|Mass Per Metre||2.92kg|
|Bar Core Diameter||21.7mm|
|Major Bar Diameter||23.2mm|
|Cross Sectional Area||370mm²|
|Rolled Thread||M24x3.0mm Pitch|
- Commonly known as the Thrust Bolt.
- Manufactured from a special hot rolled deformed bar designed by DSI Underground.
- This bolt features a rib pattern which actively assists with mixing the chemical anchors during installation.
- The deformed bar rib pattern improves load transfer properties.
- The 24mm chemical anchor bolts have a hot forged integral head.
- 36mm square heads are used in areas where headroom is low or when bolt tails are undesirable, flat plates are generally used with headed bolts and are un-tensionable.
- The 24mm chemical anchor bolt is designed to be used with resin anchors, but can be effectively used with cementitious grouts.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing or alternative coatings.
- Australian Patent Number 536627 is applicable to the bar design of this bolt.
- 27-28mm hole diameters are preferred. If larger diameter holes are to be used, refer to "Posimix" bolts.
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be slightly longer than the bolt length to ensure that the bolt plate and bolt head are tight to the roof after installation.
- It is important to follow the resin anchors recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the resin anchor cartons. DO NOT OVER MIX.