Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|Yield Strength||540MPa / 244kN||640MPa / 289kN|
|Tensile Strength||625MPa / 282kN||700MPa / 323kN|
|Calculated Shear Strength||169kN||193kN|
|Elongation (After Fracture)||6%||20%|
|Tensile Strength of Threaded End||245kN|
|Mass Per Metre||3.55kg|
|Bar Core Diameter||27.0mm|
|Major Bar Diameter||23.0mm|
|Cross Sectional Area||452mm²|
|Rolled Thread||1" UNC|
- The Solid Deformed Bolt is manufactured from hot rolled reinforcing bar having rib deformations generally in a "herringbone" form.
- The Bolt has a 1" UNC thread cut at one end and 4 paddle indents at the other end.
- The solid deformed bolt is usually fully encapsulated with resin anchors, but can be effectively used with cementitious grouts.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing or alternative coatings.
Installation Guide Lines
- 33-35mm hole diameters are preferred when incorporated with the DSI Underground Paddle
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be shorter than the bolt to allow for the height of the washer and nut.
- It is important to follow the resin anchor recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the resin anchor cartons. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard bolt lengths range from 600 to 3000mm in 300mm increments.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- Bolts are packaged in bundles with threads protected by heavy duty polyethylene bags.
- Bolt fittings, such as nuts, anti-friction washers and domed balls, are supplied fitted to rock bolts in the configuration requested.