Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|Yield Strength||500MPa / 160kN||550MPa / 170kN|
|Tensile Strength||600MPa / 185kN||660MPa / 200kN|
|Calculated Shear Strength||120kN||130kN|
|Elongation (After Fracture)||16%||19%|
|Mass Per Metre||2.47kg|
|Bar Core Diameter||20.0mm|
|Major Bar Diameter||22.1mm max|
|Cross Sectional Area||300mm²|
|Rolled Thread||Continuous coarse|
- This bolt is hot rolled with deformations that form a coarse left hand thread (10mm pitch) over its entire length.
- The thread bar form provides good load transfer properties.
- The continuous thread provides a high flexibility in "fragile" ground and blasting conditions as the bolt can be readily re-tensioned.
- The thread bar bolt is normally used with resin anchors, but can be effectively used with cementitious grouts.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing or alternative coating.
- Galvanizing may affect performance.
Installation Guide Lines
- 26-27mm hole diameters are preferred. If larger diameter holes are be used refer to "Posimix" bolts on data sheet WS.
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be shorter than the bolt to allow for the height of the washer and nut.
- It is important to follow the resin anchor recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the resin anchor cartons.
DO NOT OVER MIX.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard bolt lengths range from 600 to 3000mm in 300mm increments.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- Bolts are packaged in bundles.
- Bolt fittings, such as nuts, anti-friction washers and dome balls, are normally supplied separate with thread bar bolts.