Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|Yield Strength||350MPa / 132kN||460MPa / 162kN|
|Tensile Strength||430MPa / 152kN||520MPa / 183kN|
|Elongation (After Fracture)||20%|
- A pretensionable version is available on request with the following features.
- Supplied in standard version as a passive ground support element.
- The Tiger Bolt is manufactured from a high strength tube which has a rope style universal thread profile 8.05mm pitch along its entire length. A 200mm length of thread bar has been swaged into one end, with the other end of the tube crimped. The bolt is provided with an OZ nut, collar and a destructible cardboard resin holder, which contains a "Duo Speed" resin capsule.
- The cardboard resin holder with plastic stopper ensures that the holder does not enter the drilled hole and therefore does not interfere with the encapsulation of the bolt ensuring good load transfer characteristics between the tube and resin. The cardboard holder is biodegradable.
- The rope style universal thread profile on the tube assists in resin mixing and provides superior load transfer characteristics.
- The thread bar provides for:
a) Variation in the drilled length of the hole (both over drilled & under drilled).
b) Rock confinement by pre-loaded plate.
c) Pre-tension in the bolt.
d) A meshing / hanging brackets / pulling test.
e) A drive nut system ensures quality control of the bolt installation.
- The specially designed top crimp assists in resin mixing.
- The thread bar tube swage strength is equal to the strength of the tube.
- The specially designed collar allows for correct alignment with dome plates.
- Single pass installation.
- Two speed resin allows for bolt pre-tension.
- Bolt can be galvanised (both exterior and internal) for corrosion protection. Tube is fully sealed when fully encapsulated.
- The Tiger Bolt is patent pending
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard Tiger Bolt overall length is 2.4m.
- Non-standard lengths are available by negotiation.
- Tiger Bolts are supplied in standard packs of 150 bolts.
Resin and Accessories
- Resin are supplied in cardboard boxes with a quantity of 6 per box.
- Cardboard resin holders and plastic stoppers are packaged with resins.
- Tiger bolt can be used with a standard 150 x 150 x 4mm dome 47mm friction bolt plate (980 per pallet).
- Dragonfly plates (dome/butterfly plate) are also available (150 per pallet).
Installation Guide Lines
- The bolt is fitted to the Jumbo boom.
- The resin cartridge in its cardboard holder is placed onto the top of the bolt with the plate on the outside of the centraliser.
- The Tiger Bolt and resin are inserted into the hole and the bolt is rotated while pushing to the back of the hole.
- Correct spin and hold times will be pre-determined according to conditions at each mine with the assistance of a DSI Underground technical representative. It is important to follow the recommendation into mixing and hold times. DO NOT OVER MIX.