Roof Bolt Installation Spanners
- The square drive ends on DSI Underground installation spanners are precision investment cast in high tensile material for strength and wear resistance.
- The square drive is 25mm square with either a 22mm or 19mm diameter spigot, nominally 50mm long. A 25mm long undercut is provided above the square for drilling machines having a self locking feature.
- Square drive ends can also be supplied without the undercut feature or without the spigot if required. However these are non-standard product. Please discuss your requirements with your DSI Underground Technical Service Engineer.
- Another feature of these installation spanners is the precision investment cast spanner socket to suit 24mm, 36 A/F, rock bolt nuts. The internal shape has been purpose designed for ease of fitting to rock bolt nuts and maximized wear capability.
- Note: Most 16 and 20mm rock and roof bolts are now supplied fitted with 36mm A/F hexagon nuts.
- Other installation socket types are available to suit larger and smaller hexagon nut sizes as well as various oval and pin drive configurations. Please refer to your DSI Underground Technical Service Engineer for details and product codes of alternate socket end configurations.
- Each spanner is also manufactured from a heavy duty tube to provide robustness and internal clearance for rock bolt drive nut inserts.
- These installation spanners are available in nominal overall lengths from 150mm to 1000mm.
- All DSI Underground installation spanners are assembled on a mandrill to ensure concentricity with the machine rotation.
- Shorter spanners supplied as required in hessian bags or cardboard boxes.
- Longer spanners steel strapped together with up to 5 spanners per bundle.