Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
Product Code Guide
|Designator||Thread||Socket Size||Length||Breakout||Torque Range Colour||Thread Rotation||Coating||Packaging|
|Breakout Torque Range|
|Indicating Colour for Torque Range||Typical Break-Out Torque Range|
|Silver (S)||190-230Nm||140-180ft lbs|
|Orange (O)||135-190Nm||100-140ft lbs|
|Red (R)||100-155Nm||75-115ft lbs|
|Yellow (Y)||80-110Nm||60-80ft lbs|
|Purple (P)||40-50Nm||25-35ft lbs|
The appropriate colour symbol is stamped into each nut disc to indicate the nut torque/colour range setting. E.g. R = Red; P = Purple etc.
DSI Mining Products Division have continued to develop torque resistance nuts which provide greater benefits over and above the hot forged mixing square enabling the use of a single spanner operation in installation of chemical rock bolts. Similarly there has been a continued quest to improve earlier versions of Drive Nuts.
DSI’s OZ Nuts stand out in offering the following:
- No residual drag from the torque resistant device, hence ability to gain a greater pre-tension of bolt.
- Less strain on operators using hand held roof bolters due to a smooth break-out mode.
- The OZ Nut is available to suit the majority of DSI rock bolts including Flexibolts, Threadbar and Universal Bolts.
- Corrosion protection can be provided by zinc plating to AS 1789-1984.
- Australian Patent Number 647259 is applicable to DSI OZ Nut.