Rock Bolts – Cable Bolts 23.5mm
- The DSI HI-TEN Strand Bolt is a cable designed to be installed as a long rock bolt which is capable of being post-tensioned at the face, or out-bye, to loads of up to 25 tonne using the DSI Tensioner Unit.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt is manufactured from 21 wire strand having a 12mm square, for mixing chemical anchors, welded to one end of the strand.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt has a special collar and segmented wedge, which can sustain collar loads of between 52 and 55 tonne.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt is designed for high pre-tensioning using a point anchor system. Full encapsulation up to 8.0m is obtainable depending on installation equipment available.
- If full encapsulation is required, extra slow speed resin anchors of 20 minutes set time are available.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt can also be effectively used with cementitious grouts.
- The HI-TEN Strand Bolt concept allows a longer than seam height bolt to be installed at up to 30° from the vertical at the face, or out-bye, to supplement existing strata reinforcement. Compatible domed plates are available to be used with the HI-TEN Strand Bolt.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard HI-TEN Strand Bolts lengths range from 4100mm to 10100mm.
- Collar/wedge assemblies are supplied separately to the bolt.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- 4100 to 8100mm long HI-TEN Strand Bolts are strapped in bundles of 50 and supplied on steel trays.
- Assistance should be sought from DSI’s Technical Service Engineers in selection of the correct HI-TEN Strand Bolt fittings for the application and correct product codes.
- Supply in trays of 50.
Published: September 2011
All dimensions, weights, quantities and specifications are those applicable at the time of publication and may be amended from time to time.