- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt is a high tensile and shear load capacity strand bolt. It is a cable designed to be installed as a long rock bolt which is capable of being post-tensioned at the face, or out-bye, to loads of up to 25 tones using the DSI Underground Tensioner Unit.
- Provides very efficient anchorage at the very top end of the bolt using a unique combination of bulbs. The length of the bolt is bulbed for enhanced load transfer. These bulbs have ball bearings inside to ensure the bulb remains intact during tensioning.
- A breather tube is permanently fixed along the length of the cable with metal clips.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt is manufactured from 21 wire strands having a 12mm square, for mixing chemical anchors, welded to one end of the strand and is available in any length up to 10 metres.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt has a special collar and segmented wedge, which can sustain collar loads of between 52 and 55 tones.
- The Bolt features a resin protection device to ensure the breather tube remains clear.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt concept allows a longer than seam height bolt to be installed at up to 300 from the vertical at the face, or out-bye, to supplement existing strata reinforcement. Compatible domed plates are available to be used with the Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt.
- The bolt can be post grouted immediately or at any time later using standard grouting equipment.
- Anchorage strength of the resin grouted top end of the bolt exceeds bolt tensile strength in typical rock conditions.
Installation Guide Lines
- Drill 42-45mm diameter hole for the length of the bolt.
- Insert resin. Each cartridge should be pushed to the back of the hole using a resin inserter.
- Install the Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt in the same way the Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Bolt is installed, i.e. Push and spin into the resin.
- Loosely assemble the plate with a grout hole and the collar and wedges onto the bolt.
- Push grout tube through the grout hole in the plate.
- Pre-tension the bolt to the required load.
- Pump thixotropic grout.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt typical lengths range from 4100 to 10100mm.
- Collar/wedge assemblies are supplied separately to the bolt.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- 4100 to 10100mm long Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolts are strapped in bundles of 50 and supplied on steel trays.
- Assistance should be sought from DSI Underground Technical Service Engineers in selecting the correct Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Mambo Bolt fittings for the application and correct product codes.
- Supplied in trays of 50.