- The Post Groutable HI-TEN is a high tensile and shear load capacity strand bolt. It is a cable designed to be installed as a long rock bolt which is capable of being post-tensioned at the face, or out-bye, to loads of up to 25 tonnes using the DSI Tensioner Unit.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Bolt is manufactured from 21 wire strands having a 12mm square, for mixing resin anchors, welded to one end of the strand and is available in lengths up to 10 metres.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Bolt has a special collar and segmented wedge, which can sustain collar loads of between 52 and 55 tonnes.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Bolt concept allows a longer than seam height bolt to be installed at up to 30° from the vertical at the face, or out-bye, to supplement existing strata reinforcement. Compatible domed plates are available to be used with the Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Bolt.
- The bolt can be post grouted immediately or at any time later using standard grouting equipment.
- Provides very efficient anchorage at the very top end of the bolt using a unique combination of a spiral resin mixer and a bulb. The bulb is always fully filled with 100% mixed resin.
- Anchorage strength of the resin grouted top end of the bolt exceeds bolt tensile strength in typical rock conditions.
- The Post Groutable HI-TEN Strand Bolt system is patent pending.
Installation Guide Lines
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be approximately 155mm shorter than the bolt length.
- This allows for sufficient tail to fit accessories, roof plate, collar/wedges & Tensioner Unit.
- After insertion of the chemical anchors, the bolt is rotated through the anchors while pushing the bolt, fully, to the back of the hole.
- It is important to follow the resin anchor recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the resin anchor cartons.
DO NOT OVER MIX.
- The tensioner unit is connected to the HI-TEN Strand Bolt and tension applied.
- For further details, refer to DSI’s Tensioner Unit user instruction guide.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard HI-TEN Strand Bolts lengths range from 4100mm to 10100mm.
- Collar/wedge assemblies are supplied separately to the bolt.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- 4100 to 8100mm long HI-TEN Strand Bolts are strapped in bundles of 50 and supplied on steel trays.
- Assistance should be sought from DSI’s Technical Service Engineers in selection of the correct HI-TEN Strand Bolt fittings for the application and correct product codes.
- Supplied in trays of 50.