Rock Bolts – Friction Bolt
|Yield Strength||415MPa / 80kN||510MPa / 100kN|
|Tensile Strength||510MPa / 100kN||610MPa / 120kN|
|Friction Bolt Diameter||33mm|
|Hole Diameter Range||30mm min./32mm max.|
|Mass per Metre||1.53kg|
|Cross Sectional Area||204mm²|
- The DSI Friction Bolt is manufactured from high strength steel tube which has a slot along its entire length. A ring, or collar, is welded on the outer end to hold a domed plate to the rock surface.
- The 33mm Friction Bolt is suitable for installation with hand held rock drills (stoppers/drifters).
- Friction bolts can be load tested by fitting a special ring to the bolt prior to its installation. Pull tests can then be conducted with a hollow ram hydraulic jack.
- Further corrosion protection can be provided by hot dip galvanizing.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard bolt lengths include 450mm long and from 600mm to 2400mm in 300mm increments.
- Non-standard lengths are available on application.
- Friction Bolts are supplied in standard packs of 150 bolts (39mm & 47mm) and 300 bolts (33mm).
Published: September 2011
All dimensions, weights, quantities and specifications are those applicable at the time of publication and may be amended from time to time.