Field of Applications
Main applications of the DCP Bolt:
- Systematic permanent reinforcement of underground excavations
- Ground support for areas with limited or no access during operational lifetime
- Mining: permanent roadways and excavations
- Hydropower and underground oil or gas storage caverns
- Sub-sea and sewer tunnels
- Drill 43-45mm hole diameters. The drill hole length must be longer than the bolt by approx. 50mm.
- Domed washer plate is fitted to the bolt.
- The bolt is inserted into the hole.
- After placing the bolt in the hole to its full length, the bolt is then rotated to set the expansion shell to the required tension.
- Attach grouting adaptor to anchorage.
- Mix 0.33 to 0.35 W/C grout. Pump grout. Grout is pumped through the inner annulus to the bolt end and returns along the outer annulus.
- Terminate grouting with visible grout return.
- Detach adaptor and proceed to next bolt.
- Combination rock bolt
- Active reinforcement by pre-stressing of the expansion anchor
- Allowance of a certain amount of elastic deformation of the rebar induced by displacements of the rock mass
- Flexible grouting behind the working face allows an optimum adoption of the DCP Bolt to given ground and operating conditions
- Optimum alignment and assurance of complete grout coverage of the of the rock bolt by the polyethylene sleeve
- Unique choice of the corrosion protection level
- Protection of the load-bearing components of the DCP-Bolt according to given levels of corrosive environments
- Bolts are available black, hot dip galvanised, or black with a stainless steel head detail
- Rock bolt testing equipment
- Rock bolt testing provides a quality control of the rock bolt system behaviour in combination with given ground conditions
- Bolt load indicators and custom-specific pull test kits are provided upon request
1) After grouting
2) Expansion shells for larger borehole diameters available on request
3) Delivery lengths up to 12.0 m are available on request
- Combination rock bolt
- Efficient, practically proven, and reliable rock reinforcement system
- Combination of an immediate point anchorage and a fully grouted rock bolt
- Immediate load-bearing capacity after installation by the mechanical anchor
- Fast installation and flexible post-grouting behind the working face
- Double corrosion protection by the polyethylene sleeve and grout coverage
- Easy adjustment of the corrosion protection level to customer demands
- Fully automated or manual installation procedure