Steel Arch Support
Steel ribs are efficient and safe ground control elements in Tunneling. Selection of section type and dimension is accomplished in accordance with structural and project requirements. In addition to custom-bent steel ribs, straight beams, forepoling sheets, and steel lagging can also be fabricated.
DSI Underground has manufactured cold-formed beams for Underground support applications since 1922, applying sound techniques for shaping steel required in the Tunneling industry. Techniques learned about shaping steel for strength, performance, and value in the world’s tunnels and shafts can be applied to the benefit for each project.
- Customized cold-formed beam constructions
- Various rib support types available on request
- Flexible adaptation of the beam geometry to the respective excavated cross-section
- TH sections and other special support profiles available on request
- Custom formed lagging resistant to machine jack thrusts and impact loads