Drilling – Bits
Positive Rake, Extra Flush
|Thread Shank Size
|Drill Bit Diameter (mm)
|Tungsten Carbide Grade
- Eccentric tip and positive rake.
- Fast penetrating two wing drill bit for wet drilling which is suitable for softer type conditions.
- The positive front rake and eccentric tips assist in penetration with low thrust machines.
- The standard grade of tungsten carbide insert provides extremely good wear resistance and is time proven for all types of conditions. Unless otherwise specified the standard grade of carbide is assumed.
- For abrasive conditions, such as found with some sand stones, the tungsten carbide inserts can be supplied in a heat resistant grade. However, these inserts may chip under high impact loading. This heat resistant grade is nominated with "H" added to the end of the product code.
- These drill bits have a central water hole plus two side water grooves for extra flushing. The drill bit body is specifically designed for clearance of rock cuttings. The body is made of high tensile material for strength and abrasion resistance.
- Reference should be made to DSI Underground’s "Practical Guide to Rock Bolting" highlighting installation problems associated with collaring the hole, angle bolting, hole diameter and depth.