Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
- Barrel and Wedge Anchors are used to secure roof plates on 15.2mm diameter x 7 wire strand cable bolts. They provide positive support to the rock face at the collar of the hole.
- The Barrel and Wedge anchor can be used on one, two or multiple strand (15.2mm) cable bolts in either bulbed or plain forms.
- Barrel and wedge anchors suit flat plates commonly used for Cable Bolts.
- The Barrel and Wedge Anchor can be used to pre-stress cable bolts prior to grouting. They can also be fitted to grouted cable bolts to secure additional mesh or W strap.
- The wedge in the anchor has hardened serrations to provide a positive grip on the strand. Each wedge consists of three segments, secured by a ring to ensure wedge alignment and initial clamping.
- The barrel is manufactured from a toughened steel to resist splitting.
- Corrosion protection can be provided on the barrel only by hot dip galvanizing, or zinc plated to as 1789-1984.