Rock Bolts – FRP
|-||15 Tonne Dowel||20 Tonne Dowel||30 Tonne Dowel|
|Nut/Thread Tensile Strength||50kN||55kN||55kN|
|Single Shear Strength||45kN||50kN||60kN|
|Nut Breakout Torque||38-41Nm||38-41Nm||38-41Nm|
|Mass Per Metre||645g||645g||645g|
|Nominal Bolt Diameter||20mm||20mm||20mm|
|Nominal Cross Section Area of Bolt||310mm²||310mm²||310mm²|
|Major Bar Dimension||25mm||25mm||25mm|
|Specific Gravity in grams/cm³||1.7-1.8||1.8-1.9||2.1-2.2|
- The 20mm dowels are pull formed (matched die) fibreglass construction and are ribbed over their full length to provide maximum load transfer.
- Thread form is of a sinusoidal type, nominally 150mm long and 25mm diameter, and is fitted with an integral drive nut with radial face.
- All 20mm fibreglass dowels are designed to be used with resin anchors and be fully encapsulated.
- Only the 20 and 30 tonne capacity fibre glass dowels should be used with cementitious grouts.
- Bolts over 2400mm in length are available in all dowel types by negotiation.
- Australian Patent Numbers 631881 and 65494 are applicable to these bolts.
Installation Guide Lines
- 26-27mm hole diameters are preferred. Holes over 28mm diameter are not recommended.
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be shorter than the bolt to allow for the height of the washer and nut.
- After insertion of the resin anchors, the bolt is rotated through the anchor(s) while being pushed to the back of the hole.
- It is important to follow the resin anchor recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the chemical anchor cartons. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard bolt lengths range from 1200 to 1800mm in 300mm increments.
- Other lengths are available by negotiation.
- 1200mm long dowels are packed in 10’s then palletized in lots of 1000.
- 1500 and 1800mm long dowels are packed in 10’s then palletized in lots of 500.