Roof Bolt Installation Spanners
- The hexagon drive ends on DSI Underground installation spanners are precision investment cast in high tensile material for strength and wear resistance.
- The hexagon drive end is available in either 19mm or 22mm and are often called "pixie" drive.
- The drive end has either a 6mm or 10mm diameter hole to provide clearance for a water needle in the drilling machine’s chuck. However as an alternate the length of the hexagon can be shortened from 55mm to 30mm if preferred.
- Another feature of these installation spanners is the precision investment cast spanner socket to suit 24mm, 36 A/F, rock bolt nuts. The internal shape has been purpose designed for ease of fitting to rock bolt nuts and maximized wear capability.
- Other installation socket types are available to suit larger and smaller hexagon nut sizes as well as various square and oval configurations.
- Each spanner is also manufactured from a heavy duty tube to provide robustness and internal clearance for rock bolt drive nut inserts.
- These installation spanners are available in nominal overall lengths from 150mm to 1000mm.
- All DSI Underground installation spanners are assembled on a mandrill to ensure concentricity with the machine rotation.
- Shorter spanners supplied as required in hessian bags or cardboard boxes.
- Longer spanners steel strapped together with up to 5 spanners per bundle.