Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|Yield Strength||500MPa / 160kN||550MPa / 170kN|
|Tensile Strength||600MPa / 185kN||650MPa / 200kN|
|Calculated Shear Strength||120kN||130kN|
|Elongation (After Fracture)||16%||19%|
- The MP Bolt consists of a bar thread, specially designed expansion shell and drive nut.
- The MP Bolt Expansion Shell has been designed to reduce the grout resistance upon bolt installation.
- The MP Bolt provides immediate rock reinforcement through mechanical anchorage while the grout cures.
- The MP Bolt bar is hot rolled with deformations that form a course left hand thread (10mm pitch) over its entire length.
- Single pass bolt installation.
- The thread bar form provides good load transfer properties.
- Corrosion protection provided by full column grout.
- Provides immediate support.
- Drive nut ensures reliable setting of the Expansion Shell and provides a bolt tail for subsequent meshing.
- Additional corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing.
- 35mm hole diameter are preferred.
- The drilled hole length must be longer than the bolt by approximately 50mm.
- Appropriate components are fitted to the bolt. The Expansion Shell is screwed onto the bolt until the bolt thread just protrudes through the Expansion Shell plug.
- The hole is pregrouted by retracting the hose from the toe to the collar.
- The bolt is inserted through the grout.
- After placing the bolt in the hole to its full length, the bolt is rotated to set the expansion shell and apply tension.
- Standard bolt lengths range from 600 to 5000mm in increments of 300mm.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- Bolts are packaged in bundles with threads protected by heavy duty polyethylene bags.
- Bolt fittings, such as nuts, ant-friction washers and dome balls, are supplied fitted to rock bolts in the configuration requested.