Surface Support – Strap
|Nominal Length (mm)||Nominal Width (mm)||Cross Wire Diameter (mm)||Longitudinal Wire Diameter (mm)||Typical Weight per Metre (kg)||Wire Aperture (mm)|
|Typical Yield Strength of Wire||400MPa|
|Typical Ultimate Strength of Wire||500-700MPa|
|Material Grade||Hard drawn low carbon wire|
- Commonly used when surface support is required in environments with ongoing deformation or seismically active.
- The longitudinal wire strand is able to slip under load conditions through the cross wires to distribute load over several bolts.
- OSRO straps provide a large surface confinement to loose rock that can form between bolts.
- Weld specification AS/NZ4680.
- Corrosion protection can be provided by hot dip galvanising.