Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|500MPa / 160kN
|550MPa / 170kN
|600MPa / 185kN
|660MPa / 200kN
|Calculated Shear Strength
|Elongation (After Fracture)
|Mass Per Metre
|Bar Core Diameter
|Major Bar Diameter
|Cross Sectional Area
- This bolt is hot rolled with deformations that form a coarse left hand thread (10mm pitch) over its entire length.
- The thread bar form provides good load transfer properties.
- The continuous thread provides a high flexibility in "fragile" ground and blasting conditions as the bolt can be readily re-tensioned.
- The thread bar bolt is normally used with resin anchors, but can be effectively used with cementitious grouts.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing or alternative coating.
- Galvanizing may affect performance.
Installation Guide Lines
- 26-27mm hole diameters are preferred. If larger diameter holes are be used refer to "Posimix" bolts on data sheet WS.
- Hole depth is critical. Hole depth should be shorter than the bolt to allow for the height of the washer and nut.
- It is important to follow the resin anchor recommended mixing and hold times as printed on the resin anchor cartons.
DO NOT OVER MIX.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard bolt lengths range from 600 to 3000mm in 300mm increments.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation.
- Bolts are packaged in bundles.
- Bolt fittings, such as nuts, anti-friction washers and dome balls, are normally supplied separate with thread bar bolts.