FASLOC® TORQ Spin to Stall Resin
DescriptionThe TORQ resin capsule contains two-parts: a mastic compartment, and an oil-based catalyst compartment at a ratio of 11:1. Bolt rotation during installation ruptures and shreds the resin capsule compartments enabling the two components to mix. Mixing commences the chemical reaction transforming the liquids into a hard and solid bolt anchor. TORQ resin capsules contain an upper extra-fast set-time resin which is 600mm long, and a lower slow set-time resin. This configuration of resin set-times provides a timely upper resin-anchor from which to pre-tension the roof bolt. The slow set-time resin hardens after pre-tensioning and provides load-transfer in the lower portion of the bolt. Resin capsule length is chosen to fully encapsulate the bolt. High rib profile AXR bar is recommended for use with TORQ resin. TORQ resin capsules are formulated for optimal spin to stall installation performance. Spin to stall installations do not employ a hold time to allow the upper fast set-time resin to harden before pre-tensioning. Removing the hold time can improve roof bolt installation time consistency, and pre-tension levels remain unaffected.
Performance testingPULL OUT TEST: Measured using slow set-time resin, 300mm encapsulation length using 21.7mm core diameter high tensile grade bolts in a 28mm diameter hole, the typical peak pull-out load is greater than 250kN.
|Pull Out Test
|Punch Shear Test
|Resin Installation Speed
- Rock mass quality, such as rock strength and clay-swelling, degree of fracturing, and ground water conditions.
- Drill hole straightness, profile, diameter or over-break conditions (these will affect resin annulus thickness).
- Condition of resin capsule, including age and storage conditions (especially exposure to elevated temperature).
- Bolting equipment type, capacity and maintenance, and bolter operator experience.
The above points may require TORQ resin to be used in a conventional manner, that is, employing a resin hold time before attempting to pre-tension the bolt. The following recommendation is suggested:
If the bolt rotation does not slow and stall after spinning for 6 seconds at the back of the drill hole, then stop rotation and wait for 10 seconds before attempting to pre-tension the bolt.This process will allow the fast set-time resin to fully harden and provide acceptable installation performance.
- Only DSI rock bolt components are recommended to ensure the optimum performance of the bolt system.
- DSI Underground Mining Products Division is Quality Assured to ISO 9001:2015, Registration QMS 41328.