Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
Product Code Guide
|Designator||Thread||Socket Size||Length||Breakout||Torque Range Colour||Thread Rotation||Coating||Packaging|
|Breakout Torque Range|
|Indicating Colour for Torque Range||Typical Break-Out Torque Range|
|Silver (S)||190-230Nm||140-180ft lbs|
|Orange (O)||135-190Nm||100-140ft lbs|
|Red (R)||100-155Nm||75-115ft lbs|
|Yellow (Y)||80-110Nm||60-80ft lbs|
|Purple (P)||40-50Nm||25-35ft lbs|
The appropriate colour symbol is stamped into each nut disc to indicate the nut torque/colour range setting. E.g. R = Red; P = Purple etc.
Key Features DSI Underground Mining Products Division have continued to develop torque resistance nuts which provide greater benefits over and above the hot forged mixing square enabling the use of a single spanner operation in installation of chemical rock bolts. Similarly there has been a continued quest to improve earlier versions of Drive Nuts. DSI Underground’s OZ Nuts stand out in offering the following:
- No residual drag from the torque resistant device, hence ability to gain a greater pre-tension of bolt.
- Less strain on operators using hand held roof bolters due to a smooth break-out mode.
- The OZ Nut is available to suit the majority of DSI Underground rock bolts including Flexibolts, Threadbar and Universal Bolts.
- Corrosion protection can be provided by zinc plating to AS 1789-1984.
- Australian Patent Number 647259 is applicable to DSI Underground OZ Nut.