Rock Bolts – Friction Bolt
|Yield Strength||415MPa / 90kN||510MPa / 115kN|
|Tensile Strength||510MPa / 115kN||600MPa / 135kN|
|Friction Bolt Diameter||39mm|
|Hole Diameter Range||35mm min./38mm max.|
|Mass per Metre||1.77kg|
|Cross Sectional Area||225mm²|
- The DSI Underground Friction Bolt is manufactured from high strength steel tube which has a slot along its entire length. A ring, or collar, is welded on the outer end to hold a domed plate to the rock surface.
- The 39mm Friction Bolt is suitable for installation with hand held rock drills (stoppers/drifters).
- Friction bolts can be load tested by fitting a special ring to the bolt prior to its installation. Pull tests can then be conducted with a hollow ram hydraulic jack.
- Further corrosion protection can be provided by hot dip galvanizing.
- Can be used with 47mm FB for mesh pinning.
- Standard bolt lengths include 450mm long and from 600mm to 2400mm in 300mm increments.
- Non-standard lengths are available on application.
- Friction Bolts are supplied in standard packs of 150 bolts (39mm & 47mm) and 300 bolts (33mm).