Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|Yield Strength||300MPa / 65kN||400MPa / 110kN|
|Tensile Strength||475MPa / 95kN||590MPa / 175kN|
|Calculated Shear Strength||60kN||70kN|
|Elongation (After Fracture)||17%||22%|
|Mass Per Metre||1.21kg|
|Bar Core Diameter||14.4mm|
|Major Bar Diameter|
|Cross Sectional Area||160mm²|
|Rolled Thread||M24x3.0mm Pitch|
- Manufactured from round bar with a hot forged integral head on one end and a rolled thread on the other end.
- Expansion shell bolts are compatible with DSI Underground expansion shells. Refer to data sheet ASES for details of the expansion shell range.
- Expansion shell bolts, with integral head, are suitable for use in areas where headroom is low or when long bolt tails are undesirable.
- The rolled thread strength is nominally equal to the column strength of the bar.
- For longer term installations these bolts can be grouted with cementitious grouts.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing or alternative coatings.
- It is imperative that the bolt hole diameter suit the expansion shell to be used.
- The length of the hole must be longer than the bolt by approximately 50mm.
- The expansion shell, separately supplied, is screwed onto the bolt until the bolt thread just protrudes through the expansion shell plug.
- After placing the bolt in the hole to its full length the bolt head is rotated to set the shell and tension the bolt.