Rock Bolts – Solid Bar
|300MPa / 65kN
|400MPa / 110kN
|475MPa / 95kN
|590MPa / 175kN
|Calculated Shear Strength
|Elongation (After Fracture)
|Mass Per Metre
|Bar Core Diameter
|Major Bar Diameter
|Cross Sectional Area
- Manufactured from round bar with a hot forged integral head on one end and a rolled thread on the other end.
- Expansion shell bolts are compatible with DSI Underground expansion shells. Refer to data sheet ASES for details of the expansion shell range.
- Expansion shell bolts, with integral head, are suitable for use in areas where headroom is low or when long bolt tails are undesirable.
- The rolled thread strength is nominally equal to the column strength of the bar.
- For longer term installations these bolts can be grouted with cementitious grouts.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing or alternative coatings.
Installation Guide Lines
- It is imperative that the bolt hole diameter suit the expansion shell to be used.
- The length of the hole must be longer than the bolt by approximately 50mm.
- The expansion shell, separately supplied, is screwed onto the bolt until the bolt thread just protrudes through the expansion shell plug.
- After placing the bolt in the hole to its full length the bolt head is rotated to set the shell and tension the bolt.