Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
|Code||Grade||Typical Break-Out Torque Range (lbs)||Typical Break-Out Torque Range (Nm)|
DSI Underground Mining Products Division has continued to develop torque resistance nuts which provide greater benefits over and above the hot forged mixing square enabling the use of a single spanner operation in installation of chemical rock bolts. Similarly there has been a continued quest to improve earlier versions of Drive Nuts.
DSI Underground Nuts stand out in offering the following:
- Pin placed both through bolt and nut for effective shearing.
- No residual drag, hence the ability to gain a greater pre-tension of bolt.
- Less strain on operators using hand held roof bolters due to a smooth break-out mode.
- The Pin Nut is available to suit the majority of DSI Underground rock bolts.
- Corrosion protection can be provided by zinc plating to AS.1789-1984.
- Australian Patent Number 647259 is applicable to DSI Underground Pin Nut.