Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
|Typical Break-Out Torque Range (lbs)
|Typical Break-Out Torque Range (Nm)
Key Features DSI Underground Mining Products Division has continued to develop torque resistance nuts which provide greater benefits over and above the hot forged mixing square enabling the use of a single spanner operation in installation of chemical rock bolts. Similarly there has been a continued quest to improve earlier versions of Drive Nuts. DSI Underground Nuts stand out in offering the following:
- Pin placed both through bolt and nut for effective shearing.
- No residual drag, hence the ability to gain a greater pre-tension of bolt.
- Less strain on operators using hand held roof bolters due to a smooth break-out mode.
- The Pin Nut is available to suit the majority of DSI Underground rock bolts.
- Corrosion protection can be provided by zinc plating to AS.1789-1984.
- Australian Patent Number 647259 is applicable to DSI Underground Pin Nut.