Titan Bolt (indented or plain)
|Mass Per Metre||2.8kg|
|Cable (Strand) Diameter||28mm|
|Resin Anchor Bulbs||3 x norminal Ø36mm bulbs with 300mm spacing|
|Grout Anchor Bulbs||500mm spacing|
Overview The Titan Bolt – a 28mm High Tension Hollow Cable is a hollow flexible cable bolt for top down grouting combined with in cycle resin cartridge point anchoring. The cable is compatible with a barrel and wedge anchoring system for pre-tensioning. Using a grouting lance grout can be pumped directly through the centre tube in the cable to exit near the top of the cable. There are bulbs continuously down the length for resin and grout anchoring.
- Cable with grout tube centre.
- Cable is available in plain strand or indented strand cable. Indented wires permit increased load transfer.
- Hex drive for resin anchoring and grouting lance adaption.
- Barrel and wedge for collar fastening.
- Three bulbs for resin load transfer Ø36.
- One grout release bulb Ø36 with resin dam.
- Grout anchor bulbs every half metre down length Ø36.
Standard Lengths & Packaging
- Standard bolt lengths range from 4.2m to 10.2m
- Collar/wedge assemblies can be supplied separately or prefixed to the cable.
- Non-standard requirements are available by negotiation
- Bolts are strapped in bundles of 50 and supplied on straight steel trays or 25 in U-cradles
- Assistance should be sought from DSI Underground’s Technical Service Engineers in selection of the correct bolt fittings for the application and correct product codes
- Drilling - Drill Ø42 to Ø45mm hole using conventional drilling methods (consult DSI Underground for appropriate length).
- Insertion and Rotation – The cable can be spun and thrust off the hex drive with a spanner.
- Resin Anchoring – The cable can be anchored by using resin capsules. To anchor the cable the bolt is thrust and spun into the resin.
- Tensioning – Pre-tension can be applied to the cable through a barrel & wedge and dome plate. A DSI Underground hydraulic tensioner is used to apply tension to the cable.
- Grouting – The bolt can be grouted any time after resin anchoring. To grout the cable a grouting lance is used to adapt to the thread in the cable (in hex drive). The bolt can be grouted, top down using conventional underground grouting equipment.