Rock Bolts – Bolt Fittings
Product Code Guide
|Diameter (mm)||Height (mm)||Hole Diameter (kg)||Nett Weight (kg)||Thread Size|
- The use of a Dome Ball, with compatible Domed Plate, generally ensures better alignment of the bolt to the roof and together will maximise load transfer from the bolt to the surrounding rock.
- Without the use of the Dome Ball, bending of the bolt at the collar can occur causing local abnormal loading of the bolt and potential early failure.
- Similarly, without the use of a Dome Ball thread, binding can be a problem during installation, limiting the tensioning of the bolt.
- The Dome Ball is suitable for angles of tilt up to 18° with a compatible plate.
- Corrosion protection may be provided by hot dip galvanizing.